Monday, September 1, 2008

A Week of Ups & Downs..

Finally I'm able to update my blog. Some kind of gastric I had that slight symptoms (pains below my chest and inability to digest anything but bread, milo and non-oily, non-spicy, non-sour, non-.... food) are still torturing me right now. It's been 5 days!! Urgh.. what could I blame.. T.T

So to catch up on where I left out, last week me and my friends which are also my group members for my Moral subject had carried out a FREE HUGS CAMPAIGN. Yup, sounds familiar (despite the spoilers) as you can spot this campaign being held elsewhere around Earth. It actually started in Australia and pioneered by... Read more over here --> http://www.free-hugs.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Hugs_Campaign .

Planning this.. no, actually suggesting this project itself is miraculous as it was actually a joke by our dear Eng Hong who later brilliantly found out that this free-hugs-campaign is possible! After going through the bunches of videos in youtube (in which inspired us so much that we began to bug our leader Willz about it), the plans began to be carried out. After a gruelling 3 weeks of preparation, we finally had our first FREE HUGS CAMPAIGN in UNITEN which lasted from 26/8/08~28/8/08. As a 3 day event, it was certainly meaningful despite us looking like total weirdos in the beginning. Many lifes were hopefully touched =P

Unfortunately, since I'm currently at home without any access to my hardisk (due to my faulty pc which, no matter what I do, refuses to read the hardisk's contents) and again do not have my resources a.k.a pictures and photos.. I'll continue with the little discoveries I made along the way since I was away (from here, duh..).

It was on the Wednesday evening when we completed our 2nd day of the free hugs event (oh, the memories~) and wrapped up class around 6. We (Me, Eng Hong and Adrian, who happen to be housemates and car-pooling mates) decided to look for the pc store that Eng Hong has been telling me about to get his speakers. Off we went to Kajang town, and it was raining! Rain, rain, rain.. and soon we have a literary flooding town. To make matters worse, the traffic began to become heavy and people/drivers around became ridiculously brainless as they create more havoc trying to overtake each other in a jam. Oh, joy..

Worst of all, when we were so close to our destination, horror struck us as water reaching high enough to cover a Proton Wira's entire tyre made us turn back. Daym, so much for being patient for almost an hour. As we turned back, I noticed how horribly bad Kajang town's draining system were. Check this out...


Holy cow! Water flowing out of the sewer?? More like being literrary pumped out!

A clearer picture of what I'm stupidly surprised about..

Luckily, the floods were only serious at certain parts of the town our housing area was spared. There's a huge drain in front of our house, and I was saying, "What if the drain is flooded as well?". Adrian replied as if it was a dumb question, "Then the whole Kajang town would be underwater!". Woots, i wonder if that would ever happen considering how crazy the weather can be these days. So, we arrived safely home but decided to get dinner first. That's when things get weirder for the day. I went to get breakfast, and conveniently found a packet of ready-to-eat RED BEAN BUN at a nearby mini-market. It's been long since I last ate one, so when I reached home.. And it was 2 hours after dinner, my mouth felt itchy and decided to snack on a piece of the 6-parted bread. That's when horror struck me again!!


Since when RED bean is WHITE??

At first I thought the bread became bad since the red bean wasn't red anymore. But when I took a better taste of it, lo! IT WAS COCONUT FLAVOUR! I was like !@#$@#!$!@ at whoever's responsible for this faulty packaging, since it's my 1st encounter of this stupid mix up and it totally spoiled my appetite. I want my red bean bun!! T.T

What awaits me tomorrow was worse as I had gastric which lasted till today and... well, in a nutshell I didn't have a good half of the week but I guess all of us have our bad times right? (trying so hard to look at the bright side of things, sigh..)

Oh, and we had Moral test on the Friday before I came home. I managed to crap properly and later found out a heck load of other people cheated, daym.. but anyhow we did have last minute studies during lunch on that day (minutes before the exam, gasp!) and this is how desperate students can be...


No pun intended for who's "modeling" for this picture =P

Had a so-so weekend as a conclusion. And not to forget...

Randoms

This is actually a candid picture depicting our "serious" group discussion our Moral project..
Notice what's so funny about this picture?? LoL

Our very own Mr. Panda showing his true nature as he unites with a bamboo-resemblance-steel-pipe! XD Aw.. kawaii!! bwahahaha...

That's all from me now. Next post is SO going to be about the free hugs campaign. I shall delay no more!! Thus said, this is KeLv signing off again~

2 comments:

Jo said...

omg! wat the heck is with the picture? =.=''' y am i in that? *roar*

KeL VeeN C. said...

Omg! i've been spotted! **runs away**

Powered By Blogger