Thursday, September 18, 2008

Size Does Matter

Aren't they 'pwetty'? (Ew!!)

It rather baffles me why people, especially women, like to keep their fingernails long. Does it mean anything besides parading around with overgrown dead tissues on their hands? Are they just too lazy to trim it ("they" refer to those who started out this 'trend')? Or is it part of the style and glamor of having "beautiful" nails?

I myself find having long fingernails being a real hassle to life. Today itself was chaotic enough with them as..
- I hurt myself while trying to put my shoes on,
- had a hard time trying to sms since my handphone keypads are rather small,
- needed extra time getting my hands clean before and after meals,
- had my nails pressing on some other keys as I type out this post =.=

And here is..
ORBITUARY


The culprit(s)! (No, not the innocent monkey figurine =P)
?? August 2008 ~ 18 September 2008

The only reason I'm still stuck with them is that I do not own a nail clipper at my second home in Kajang. And when I'm home, there's always something else to distract me, so.. this post shall indirectly be the last record of my long nails, hoho.. Well, seriously.. men with long fingernails just ain't quite right. Look below!!

Hideous! (I used to see this on my high school men teachers -.-)

The popular long thumbnail, tsk tsk..

I'm not certain but long fingernails seem rather feminine to me. If you ask me for a positive description about them, I would say they portray elegance (and I'm being VERY positive here). So why? Please tell me the purpose. Convince me that this is OKAY. Or at least help me understand what they're trying to accomplish so I don't continue to stare at these people. This is a society! Note that I'm now referring to MEN keeping LONG FINGERNAILS. No offense to the males who like doing so tho.. just want a good reason =)


I wouldn't mind having long nails if they are these babies, hehe..

So much for a bad-fingernail-day.. Oh, I had my 2nd trip to FRIM (Forest Research Institute Malaysia, for those who had been living under a rock.. http://www.frim.gov.my/) yesterday. It was quite fun with my housemates and a bunch of Techflow buddies, but not so much excitement as it's my 2nd time there.

We took off from our home at 5.55p.m and reaching at the rendezvous point at 6.10p.m, which was late as we were supposed to gather at 6p.m. However when we reached, we happened to be some of the earliest there as the other participants were following the "Malaysian time". Soon, everyone else arrived and followed by the bus by 6.30p.m.

I'm really surprised the bus was punctual, woots~

We took off in 15 minutes and I was in Shwe's car (she's the organizer) as she needed directions to the place since FRIM is located near my home at Kepong. The plan was to meet at a nearby shopping complex to have dinner, according to the bus driver. However when we (me, Shwe and a few others in the car) reached, the bus ended up at FRIM and the other participants had their dinner there. So as we reached there a little later, I was forced to finish my dinner in 5 minutes, sucks.. After that, we went in and had a little entourage visiting the toilet before going for an ice-breaking session called "Squirrel & Tree". While I was a "tree", Eng Hong a.k.a Mr. Panda-san was turned into a tall "squirrel". The session was quite funny, as sometimes the squirrels were ironically taller than the trees, lol..

After a short prayer, we were taken to the "entrance" of the forest and was linked to each other via a "rafia" string. Some had to put blindfolds on while others (like me) had to be "handcuffed". A total of 44 people train-ed into the forest and the nightwalk lasted an hour or so before we were released from our bonds. We took another two hours moving up and down the bumpy forest path while checking out neat stuff like glowing trees, fireflies and worms with glowing butts XD

The trip ended at around 1a.m. and we were stinking with sweat. I was rather dissapointed as we couldn't check out the canopy walk at night. The last time I came was during the day, so I had hopes of enjoying KL's night view from the top of the forest reserve. Too bad I suppose, but it was a great outing especially when the people you love are around you. Currently I do not have any pictures of the trip so do bear with me once again, huhu.. Will also go into more detail about all the stuff happening while we were traversing the forest =D

And after a long hiatus, these are back...

Randoms

Who's that (Pokemon!) guy?


My primary school (gay!) friend XD

My secondary school (gay!) friend ^^

My 'masterpiece' that had to be 'sacrificed' for our Moral project, lulz..

I just noticed my posting on the 'kempen pelukan percuma' isn't here yet. Apparently I'm busy and at the same time lazy to type it all out now. So, wait wait wait, hoho.. I'll stop here since having a quiz tomorrow and plenty of tests to prepare for soon. Thus said, (Team Rocket blasts off again!) KeLv signs off again~

No comments:

Powered By Blogger